Moroccan-style Spaghetti Bolognese
This is a recipe I learned from Abdelrahman. I was a bit skeptical at first when he started mixing in the moroccan seasoning with the minced meat, but so far this is my favourite spaghetti recipe. If you are Italian though, you should probably look away ;).
- Minced beef (frozen or fresh)
- Preferrably less than 15% fat or “full fat” depending on where you live.
- 3tbsp moroccan seasoning
- In the UK, Tesco sells this pre-mixed. If you cannot find it where you live, see below for the mix ratio and ingredients.
- 2tbsp unsalted butter
- Half an onion, chopped
- Two pieces of garlic (optional)
- 2/3 can/box of chopped tomato
- Spaghetti pasta
- Black pepper
- Shredded mozzarella
- Parmigiano (as block, shred as needed)
- Prepare the spaghetti in a pot, add salt.
- On a separate, smaller pot, melt the butter.
- As the butter is melted, add the onion (and garlic if wanted).
- Once the onion becomes brown, add the minced beef.
- Stir until the beef is well-cooked. Season with paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Add in the chopped tomatos to the minced beef mix, and mix.
- Once the spaghetti is done, drain in a colander and put it back in the pot.
- When the sauce is ready, mix it in with the spaghetti.
- Mix in the mozzarella and shred in the parmigiano.