This is one of the most refreshing drinks I have ever tried. It is made essentially from the fruit of the coffee (as the coffee beans are just a seed), which is called cascara (which is “husk” in Spanish).
Cascara is sold as a dried fruit, which you may find sold at some of your local speciality coffee roaster. Although if you live in the UK or the EU, you might have difficulty finding it due to laws and regulations. In the UAE, you can find cascara sold by Cypher Roastery.
- 50g cascara
- 1L water
- 100g sugar
- Le Monde Sirup Grenadaline
- A Lime (or Orange)
To make the concentrated tea:
- Bring the water with cascara to a boil in a pot, and mix in the sugar.
- Once the cascara is brewed to your liking, use a strainer to separate and discard the cascara.
- Pour 2/3 of the cascara tea in a cup, fill the rest with ice and water.
- Add two tablespoon of the syrup.
- Add a little squeeze of lime (or orange).
- Top it off with a slice of lime (or orange).