I have read many great articles related to programming and Computer Science in 2018, I have gathered articles which I enjoyed most. Some of these are articles are over a decade old, but I find it essential that every programmer or computer scientist reads these articles.
- How To Become A Hacker by Eric Raymond - http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
- A lightning talk by Gary Bernhardt - https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat
- Beating the averages by Paul Graham - http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html
- Revenge of the nerds by Paul Graham - http://www.paulgraham.com/icad.html
- The Hundred-Year Language by Paul Graham - http://www.paulgraham.com/hundred.html
- The perils of JavaSchools by Joel Spolsky - https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2005/12/29/the-perils-of-javaschools-2/
- How Lisp Became God’s Own Programming Language by Sinclair Target - https://twobithistory.org/2018/10/14/lisp.html
- Stop writing code by Emily Maier - https://emilymaier.net/words/stop-writing-code/
- How to Design for the Modern Web by Casper Beyer - https://medium.com/commitlog/how-to-design-for-the-modern-web-52eaa926bae2
- Dos and don’ts on designing for accessibility by Karwai Pun - https://accessibility.blog.gov.uk/2016/09/02/dos-and-donts-on-designing-for-accessibility/
- tour-de-babel by Steve Yegge - https://sites.google.com/site/steveyegge2/tour-de-babel
- Why WhatsApp Only Needs 50 Engineers for Its 900M Users by Cade Metz - https://www.wired.com/2015/09/whatsapp-serves-900-million-users-50-engineers/
- On the usefulness of Linux by my professor, Jamie - http://gabbay.org.uk/blog/interrogated.html
Would like to comment on the blog post? Feel free to start a discussion on my public general mailing list.